About RubberBond® FleeceBack and Flex-R
RubberBond FleeceBack™ EPDM is the ideal roofing membrane for your domestic or commercial flat roofing project. Whether you have a leaky flat roof in need of repair or are in search of an entirely new roofing system, RubberBond is the perfect single-ply membrane for the job.
Manufactured by world leaders in flat roofing technology Carlisle SynTec USA, who pioneered EPDM roofing membranes over 50 years ago, RubberBond FleeceBack has established a record of superior product durability and long-term weather resistance. RubberBond FleeceBack is regularly specified for many different types of projects of varying size, degree of complexity and type of property from simple garages, whole houses to large commercial properties across both public & private sectors.
The unique fleece backing allows easy installation to a variety of deck surfaces resulting in a system suitable for overlayment of existing surfaces, roof renovation, new projects, domestic roofing or industrial installation. It is also the perfect waterproofing layer for green roofs and terraces and has a complete of accessories from paving support discs to drainage outlets extending it’s exceptional performance and adaptability.
Benefits of RubberBond FleeceBack EPDM
The majority of property owners with flat roof on their houses, roof extensions, garage roofs, commercial flat roofs and new build properties, all see a wide range of products for roofs. These range from felt flat roofs, Glassfibre GRP flat roofs, EPDM membranes and PVC/TPO flat roofs.
There are two main EPDM rubber roofing manufacturers Carlisle SynTec and Firestone. Flex-R are the exclusive distributers for Carlisle-SynTec EPDM waterproofing in the UK and Ireland.
• No torches or asphalt are required, making installation safer
• Less weight on your roof than mod-bit 2-ply systems
• Larger rolls mean fewer seams, allowing for quicker installation
• Faster installation means less disruption for building occupants
• Year round application
• EPDM is made from engineered polymers rather than leftover by-products
• Because EPDM is a single ply membrane, there is no concern with interply blisters
• The embodied energy (energy used to manufacture or mine the building components, and the energy used during building) is substantially less with EPDM roofing
• After 50 years of empirical experience in field applications, EPDM has the roofing industry’s longest average service life, thanks to:
• Greater resistance to ponding water, hail, UV damage and cyclical membrane fatigue
• High resistance to ozone, weathering and abrasion
• Flexibility in low temperatures
• Superior resistance to extreme heat and fire
• Thermal shock durability
• Restoration friendly
• It is easier to install new roof penetrations at a later date
• Superior strength of the 2.6mm thick RubberBond FleeceBack offers 40% greater puncture resistance and 180% greater tear resistance than 1.52mm EPDM
• Durable – 30 year old roofs tested and performing like new
• BBA Approved membrane
• NHBC accepted waterproofing system
• Achieves highest European fire ratings
• Technology of Factory-Applied Tape (FAT™)
• Range of warranties available – Including Insurance Backed Guarantees
• Ideal for overlayment of existing surface, complete renewal or new build projects
• 67% fewer seams than Modified Bitumen with 3.05m sheet
• Will not tear, split or crack
• Does not become brittle or degrade with age
• Safe – no heat or welding during installation
• Low odour and noise – great for re-roofing occupied buildings
• Does not shrink – a quality that standard EPDM can’t offer
• No requirement for Base Tie in or Peel Stop
• Easily seamed to other materials & roofing systems
• Ultra violet and ozone resistant
• Highly weather resistant
• Superior looking flat roof membrane
• Tough enough to walk on
• Easily bends with no stress to follow the details of the roof
• Over 1 Billion square meters installed Worldwide
• Nationwide network of approved local EPDM roofing installers
If you are looking for a flat roofing membrane that will give you peace of mind for years to come and offers the widest range of design options look no further than RubberBond FleeceBack. For further information go to our enquiry form or call us on 0800 037 1108.